AE Keyboard Mapper is designed for remapping keys of almost any external or built-in hardware keyboard connected to Windows Mobile device. You may use it for "localizing" keyboards (if OEM keyboard driver does not support your language) or just for remapping some keys (e.g. conversion AZERTY to QUERTY, adding absent Ctrl key functionality or bind application to keys ).
The main features of this key remapper are:
- Flexible enough and highly customizable through simple plain-text configs;
- supports up to 4 keyboard layouts
- May be used as "resident" application switching active layouts by specified hot key or as unloadable application associated with hot key using Windows Mobile button binding
- Supports layouts with one or two sets of "accented" characters
- Allows generation unicode characters (free or activated mode) or hardware keystrokes with Ctrl/Alt/Shift/Win combinations (available in ACTIVATED MODE ONLY)
- Allows binding external applications to keys (available in ACTIVATED MODE ONLY)
- Stores all settings in file configs instead of registry for easy maintaining if installed to permanent storage
- Supports alternative character set for sending to "permanent beta" ICQ client for Pocket PC (useful for non-English layouts)
While AE Keyboard Mapper is not "driver-level" software it should work with any hardware keyboard supported by system.